Maria has been a lecturer in third level education since 2005 in the subjects of ethnomusicology (history, theory, and world music survey), performance studies, ritual studies and interculturalism and performance.
- 2009-2012. Lecturer of Performance Studies, Ritual Studies and Research Methods in Performance, including supervision of Final Year Projects, for the BA in Voice and Dance, Irish World Academy of Music and Dance, University of Limerick, Ireland.
- 2006-2011. Lecturer of Ethnomusicology (including World Music Survey and Ethnographic Research Methods) for the BA and BEd(Mus) of St. Patrick’s College (Dublin City University), Drumcondra, Dublin, Ireland.
- 2005-2008. Lecturer of Ethnomusicology (including World Music Survey and Ethnographic Research Methods) for the BA in Irish Music and Dance, IWAMD, UL, Ireland.
- 2005-2006. Lecturer of Anthropology of Ritual and Ethnographic Research Methods, including supervision of MA thesis, for the MA in Ritual Chant and Song, IWAMD, UL.
- 2005-2011. Occasional lectures for the MA in Ethnomusicology, MA in Ethnochoreology, and BA in Irish Music and Dance, IWAMD, UL.
1995-1998: María also worked, among other posts, as administrative assistant for different firms of the finance sector and state agents (Goldman Sachs, Corpfin Capital, Exelent State Agents), as a Spanish-English translator (VIPS restaurant chain), and as a call centre agent (RACE),in Spain. While in Ireland, she also worked as a Call centre agent and mentor in Ireland (Paneuropean, Sykes -1999-2002) and as a Folklore and Heritage Researcher for the Limerick Civic Trust – 1999).