Maria Escribano was awarded a Ph.D. in Ethnomusicology by the University of Limerick in August 2012, for the thesis entitled: Rhythms of Struggle. Recovery, Revival and Re-Creation of Txalaparta in the Basque Country, supervised by Prof. Mícheál Ó Súilleabháin and Dr. Colin Quigley (Irish World Academy of Music and Dance). She is also a former Government of Ireland Scholar (2002-2005).
Her education also includes:
- Certificate of level B1 of Basque language (Euskaltegi Gabriel Aresti, Bilbao, August 2020). Currently preparing next level.
- Cambridge Proficiency English Certificate, Level C2 (A) (British Council, Spain, March 2017).
- CAP in Spanish Language and Literature, a Spanish professional qualification equivalent to the Higher Teaching Diploma (Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain, 2001).
- MA in Ethnomusicology (University of Limerick, 1999).
- Title of Technician in Social Psychology of the Work Place (Colegio Nacional de Doctores y Licenciados en Ciencias Politicas y Sociología, Madrid, Spain, 1998).
- BA in Political Sciences and Sociology, with major in Social Anthropology (Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain, 1996).
- Diploma in Social Anthropology (University of Kent at Canterbury, UK, 1995) which she undertook by means of an Erasmus scholarship.
- Different Training Workshops for the title of ‘Family Constellations Specialist’ delivered by Brigitte Champetier de Ribes, Instituto de Constelaciones de Madrid, Spain.
- Participation in the recordings for the Online Training Course on New Family Constellations of the Instituto de Constelaciones de Madrid (2014-2015)
- Seminar on Hellinger Sciencia with Bert and Sophie Hellinger (Avila, Spain, February 2015).
- Training Seminars ‘Cosmic Power’ I & II and International Training Camp (Hellinger Sciencia), with Bert and Sophie Hellinger (Bad Reichenhall, Germany 26 April – 10 May 2014).
- Basic Training Seminar ‘Mother’ (Hellinger Sciencia) and ‘Cosmic Power I’ seminar with Bert and Sophie Hellinger (Munich, Germany, February-March 2014).
- ‘Setting up a Small Bussiness’ FETAC course, level 5. (Ireland, June 2013).
- Entrepreneurship Programme, South Tipperary Development Company, Tipperary (Ireland, February-June 2013).
- ‘Train the Trainer’ FETAC course, level 6. (Ireland, May 2013).